
Before I tell you about our change in plans, I wanted to highlight my little birthday party today. I asked my daughter last week if she would look for a "special" cake for my party, and this is what she brought. A beautiful
Genoise cake from
Wuollet's bakery in the Twin Cities. I absolutely loved this cake, which was wrapped in marzipan with whipped cream filling and raspberry filling too. Thank you Becca....how special for my 50th.

I'm guessing we had around 20 people for my party. It was a beautiful day with sunshine and southern winds.

Not only was it my birthday, but my twin sister's birthday too.

The Son and I got a little goofy in our small kitchen. He was cutting the meat and I was busy pouring the red wine!

What the heck? Artena was showing her
"don't mess with me" side!

Of course Jerney Girl came along today as well. Jerney had fun experiencing the real country-side....lots of room to run around and have fun.
Ok, now to the change in plans. Late yesterday, I received news that my dad has a serious medical condition that need immediate attention. On Wednesday, he will undergo a biopsy to determine if he has cancer. What a blow to our whole family.....my dad has always been fairly healthy. Because of this, Bike man and I have cancelled our bicycle trip since my dad will be having surgery within the next week or so, most likely in Madison. There is no possible way we can take our bike trip. My emotions were running high last night and I just decided to go to bed at 8:30 am and deal with life in the morning. Life is not always fair, but I'm reminded that we have to make the best of it. I love my dad and my mom, so their life comes first in my own life.
Hang in there dad.....we'll get through this ok? Sorry you couldn't be here today. We missed you dearly.
What a wonderful party. It's not a surprise that you have so many friends.
ReplyDeleteYour dad and mom are in my thoughts.
Geepers, hope all goes well with your papa. If your trip is made later,let me know, be glad to meet up with you and Mr Bike Man.
ReplyDeleteGosh, I am both happy and sad at the same time at your news. Girl, you make 50 look GOOD...
ReplyDeleteAs devastating as it has to feel that you will miss your bike trip, you will never regret making the time for your dad. Sending prayers and love your way, and will be thinking of you.
Thank you Tom, Dave & Vicky for your nice comments!!!!
ReplyDeleteLisa....I will continue to stay in touch with you...and you know that you and your family are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteYour birthday party looks fabulous...and you certainly don't look 50!!!
Give a hug to your Dad for me, please.
Love,
Jackie
Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry I missed it but haven't been around to check others blogs in about a week. Looks like you had a very nice time and lots of fun guests. I see my sis was there!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great party. That girl Krissy sure brought some great food!
ReplyDeleteThat cake sure looks good!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your dad, I had no idea they were considering cancer a possibility. I am sure it would have been to hard to be away during this time.
HA HA HA.... I'm so glad you put that picture of Artena up...just for me to get a good laugh :)
ReplyDeleteAnd she has no idea....hehehe