Monday, April 26, 2010

A Typical Spring Day

Decided at the last minute this morning to hop on my bike and ride to work.  Mid forties, no breeze, and enough sunshine to keep the fingers warm.

The morning was perfect with lots of birds singing and virtually no traffic.

Then the winds began by later morning and lasted all day.  Stopped at the fitness center and did a quick workout.  Bike man met me there an hour later and we rode home together in the gusty winds.  We got a good workout that's for sure.  I'm kind of hoping for gentler conditions later this week so I can do a little more riding.  It felt good to be outside and turning the legs.

P.S. Watching Lovely Bones tonight.....wow, it's amazing movie.  Never read the book, but I'm sure the book is even better than the movie.

5 comments:

  1. The book was very good. I have the movie now and will watch it, but I know that it will not be as good as the book, they never are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am curious, I'll have to check that movie out. Yes, spring has sprung. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read the book and it was great, have to get the movie one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's tough when that wind kicks up, unless, of course, it's at your back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you buy that for the library? I want to see it too.

    ReplyDelete