Monday, December 14, 2009

I Spy An Orange Frosted Christmas Cookie

I decorated these cookies yesterday. Notice there are a few orange frosted cookies near the top of the photo. Well, thanks to our son, who felt we needed a few orange or camouflaged cookies. Who ever heard of orange frosted cookies at Christmas?


How about this nice orange camouflaged Santa Claus that the son is holding. I prefer the butter cookies frosted with white icing and then decorated with colored sprinkles. Maybe the guys should just leave the cookie decorating to me......Momma L!
Monday Night Spin Class Update:
Last year my spin classes were never really full....no alternative names on a waiting list. Well, currently I seem to have a new following of people. I looked at the sign up sheet over the next couple Monday's and was shocked to see a full sign up sheet with at least 3-4 people on the waiting list. Geez....what's going on? I'm guessing that people are now catching on to spinning class and really like it for it's great cardio workout. The more the merrier right?

7 comments:

  1. Close your Spinning class with Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Make the first 4 minutes of the song a seated climb (heavy resistance). When the vocals end have them jump out of their saddle and climb standing up for the rest of the song (4 more minutes)increasing their rpms with the momentum of the song, and increasing the resistance.
    There's a very good chance you'll be sworn at and the waiting list won't be as long in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HL's....I love it! Thanks for advice. Lynyrd Skynrd? That would be a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just betcha those orange cookies taste delicious!!!
    ...And, I know what's going on with the spinning class, Lisa.
    I got on the scales for the first time in 3 months. Apparently, the gravitational pull of the earth has changed! I'm shocked. I need to join your class for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie....come on up to Wisconsin and I will coach you through spin class. I promise to be easy on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Teacher's Pet may be right...It's winter and people are feeling the need to get some exercise....all except me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking cookies whatever the color. It's a cookie bound to be good.

    How about some Christmas music? You might get cursed then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cookies. One of my fondest Christmas memories was making sugar cookies with my mom and decorating them. I don't really make them any more cause it usually makes me too sad.

    That's great that more people are signing up for your class!

    ReplyDelete