Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thumbs Up!

Burrrrr, it was a chilly ride into work. I'm really glad I chose to wear my capri tights this morning. I was watching the weather coming from the west (Minnesota) and saw light rain approaching the Twin Cites metro area, but at my house it just dark grey clouds and cool temps.

Overall it was a nice morning ride with lots of smells and amazing sights. I spotted wild pasture rose all along the roadside on the other side of Tainter Lake. The pink color was so intense, and so fresh looking.

I thought this was cute this morning. As soon as I rode into town and headed down my usual street to get to the library, this older gentlemen was walking down the sidewalk. As soon as he saw me coming down the street, he broke out into a big wide grin and gave me the thumbs up. I had a good inner laugh to myself. If you only knew the community where I work....no one here bikes to work. In fact it's not considered "cool" to ride a bike in this community because everyone owns cars & trucks and very few people bike for exercise. I guess the thumbs up made my day!

7 comments:

  1. It's raining now. Waant me to come and pick you up? We can toss that bike in the back of my truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris, I biked home in very light rain so it wasn't bad. I'm just glad I had a jacket with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So was he giving you the thumbs up for biking in or because of your tight capris?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crochet lady....hummm, maybe he did like my capri tights! That was a really BIG grin, hee, hee.

    I found ted's old laptop tonight and it still works, so I'm very happy to be online again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!! I bet it felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always nice to get the thumb up, instead of the the other finger I won't mention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are having yucky weather. Biking is definately more fun when the sun is out and there's not much wind. I hate biking into the wind...not only is it hard but it also messes up my hair.

    ReplyDelete