I did find our old laptop that I'd forgotten about, and it still works, however, the keys stick. For now I will use the old laptop until I can figure out what I want to do. Not sure if I should order a new laptop, or just wait until September and buy a used one from the University of Wisconsin - Stout. They refurbish students laptops and sell them to the public for $300 each...that's a bargain.
Yesterday was one of those days where we needed to put "time in the saddle"!!!! Almost three hours of riding the Aunt Krissy route and then east to west and back home. All country roads of course, but 2/3 of the ride was hills. I did fairly well and climbed (or tried to attack) most of the hills. After a couple hours of riding we stopped along a stream called Popple Creek. My husband wanted to check out the water flow because this is one of the streams that he monitors for his DNR work. Was able to eat a chocolate goo, so that really helped me tackle the rest of the hills on the way home.
Later on in the afternoon I got the pleasure of taking my husband's granddaughter out driving so she could practice for her drivers test. She did ok, but still needs practice breaking, turning corners, parking and not speeding!!!! I had to remind her a lot yesterday on the highway to slow down...yikes. When I was her age I had the opposite problem. I drove too slow like an old lady. I hope she didn't mind me giving her driving advice and a lecture on SPEED, but I just wanted her to understand the she is in control of the "machine" as I call it. The machine is powerful and can kill! A lot of people don't understand that, or forget that. I know this for a fact because I'm a bicyclist and those machine can kill in one swipe. I just wish more people would understand that and slow down.....and, get off those darn cell phones. What's my biggest fear? Trucks, and trucks with big side mirrors and trucks pulling trailers!
So today, I'm just doing chores around the house and enjoying a sunny afternoon on our deck. We have a nice breeze over the lake with a temperature of 79 degrees. Perfect.
Computer problems are such a bummer.
ReplyDeleteSoon we'll be taking Ky driving, well acutally I think hubby will be doing the first honors. I will probably be to nervous.
it was a good day. how many miles did you out in yesterday? and just how fast was she going?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a beautful day and that was quite the ride. I remember well teaching teenagers to drive. It can be nervewracking yet rewarding.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day! It has been such perfect cycling weather. I enjoyed an early morning home ride from work along the Chippewa today- it was beautiful. Is the sale of laptops from Stout available to anyone? I have been wanting to get one and the price sounds right.
ReplyDeleteChris...yes, anyone can buy a used laptop. Last year they advertised them on the UW-Stout website in September, but by the end of the month the laptops were all sold so you have to get them early. We bought one for our daughter last Sept. so that's how I know about the sale. Every two years the students have to hand in their laptops and then they are cleaned up and sold for $300. It's a good deal.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, getting some miles in. It sure was a beautiful day for it.
ReplyDeleteDriving with your kid scares me to death. I perch on the edge of my seat just ready to grab the wheel if necessary!