Saturday, June 20, 2009

Away From Home This Weekend

My photo doesn't match my post....sorry. My camera is back in the motel room and we are sitting outside in the parking lot of the Minocqua public library at 7:50 am so we can use the library's wifi system. The photo is a snapshot of one of our hosta gardens on the lakeside. Off to the right (and up high) is our kiwi tree that provides shade for the hostas.
I'm just taking a few moments to post today, even though I'm visiting my aunt & uncle for a family reunion this weekend. We have no internet at the cottage and no Internet at the motel. So, the solution was to drive over to get a triple shot Americano this morning, and find an establishment that provided wifi....yup, just look for a public library. Solution solved.
This is the first family get together where no kids are present. I guess that shows that my family, including me, is getting older and reaching the time where our kids are grown and have busy lives of their own. It feels weird without all the cousins, grandkids and our children, but that's life. On an uplifting note, I love my family....they are so fun, so goofy, so down-to-earth. Lots of laughing yesterday, and more today when my twin sister shows up this afternoon. I hope to post current pictures later tonight when the motel fixes their wireless problem.

6 comments:

  1. tainterturtles....thank goodness for wifi, eh? I am so glad that you are having time with your family at the reunion and can't wait to see photos later. Enjoy the time spent and know that we are thinking of you.
    P.S. The hostas are beautiful!!!
    Smiles from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog through Annette at A Wisp of Creativity. I'm in Wisconsin, too!

    I hope you enjoy your family reunion!

    Best wishes,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so happy for you! It's fun to be with family and know all the inside jokes and laugh till your sides hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a weird feeling to be at family stuff without the kids. I hope you've having a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I forgot my twin sisters was bringing her two boys. The boys did a good job not having any other cousins around.

    Angela & Jackie...welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed all my blogger friends. How nice to spend time with family! We do the same, laugh so hard our sides hurt. It seems like at ours all the medium age kids are gone, but we've got little ones, the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete