
I've lost count how many times our kids have moved since graduating from high school. We helped Becca move last weekend after graduation in Duluth, and now this weekend it was Chris's turn. Today was the first day he and his new roommates could move into their apartment.
First I went to church this morning, then I met up with Chris and Ted at Chris's current apartment. The guys had already made one big trailer load when I arrived, but there was lots of stuff left to move.

I took some pictures of "move-in" day...that's just the mom in me! Right now the kids don't have a lot of furniture, but I'm sure that will change by fall. This apartment actually has five bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, plus a laundry room. This place will be a step-up from Chris's current apartment.

I know this looks bad, but this is Chris's bedroom. At this point today, all we did was move stuff from one apartment to the other.
This won't be the last move, I'm sure of that. It's amazing how much your kids can accumulate over 3-4 years in college.
Becca also came home today for a little visit. It's nice to have her home, even if it's only for four days. I'm in my glory right now...I feel like a mom again!
I've never helped either of my children move. Katie left to go into the Navy and then was on her own. She's moved a couple times but they're far away so they do it themselves. Travis moved into an apt on the night of his graduation and then moved back home to his trailer. I've never helped him either. He doesn't have much stuff. He's a minimalist.
ReplyDeleteWell, I know who to call if I need to move. How do collage kids get so much stuff?
ReplyDeleteMost of Chris's bigger stuff he has acquired are freebies. It's amazing what you find around dumpsters or curbsides. When other college students leave to go home, they just put their "stuff" outside on the curb or throw it in the dumpster! I can't believe all the nice stuff Chris has found over the last three years.
ReplyDeleteSo glad Becca could spend a few days with you.
ReplyDeleteI'm not looking forward to helping move our kids. I hate packing stuff.