
Wow, what a
gorgeous day it was! Chris wanted to show off some of his tricks for me on the snow bike....no gloves, no coat, no helmet. Can you guess it was warm today? At 6:30 pm tonight, it was still 50 degrees outside.

After church today, I invited my friend Nancy to come out and enjoy the sunshine on the lake. Nancy had never been out ice fishing before! Today was a "rest" day, so I enjoyed just sitting with Nancy all afternoon talking & basking in the warm sunshine.

This afternoon was major thawing on the lake. Don't worry though, there's still about a 1 1/2 feet of ice out there, but now everything is getting really sloppy and wet. If we thought today was warm, tomorrow's forecast is for a high of 60 degrees....
whoo hoo!
Guess what? Around mid afternoon I heard the Sand Hill Cranes flying high above us. I was so excited because that's a sure sign of spring. Sand Hill's fly really, really high, like thousands of feet high so you can never see them, but only hear them. What beautiful sound. There's hope everyone....spring is not far off. I also heard my first Robin today. I didn't see him, but sure heard him this morning.
How was your day today? Did you see any signs of spring?
My sure sign of spring is all the dog poop in the yard now that the snow has melted!
ReplyDeleteIt was nice yesterday! Went out and played ball with giner for awhile.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of the warm weather. We heard the news this morning that we are heading for another cold snap of single digit temps...WAAAAHHHHHH!
ReplyDelete