
I was sad and happy all with one hour. Why? Well first, I stopped by Joan's house tonight to see LC, remember LC (a.k.a. Library of Congress) kitten? Joan wasn't home, but her husband was, so he said LC was doing just fine. He told me we should walk out to the far shed because that's where LC hangs out. As we walked into the shed we started calling for LC, but LC was nowhere. Within a minute or so, I looked down in some straw and there lay little LC....dead as can be!!! My heart just sank. Now I know my friend Joan will feel really, really bad because I'm sure she will blame herself for LC's death. Joan always feels bad when one of her barn cats die, she's has such a good heart that way. I just feel really bad because I had this cool idea tonight that I would take an updated picture of LC and put it in my post. Guess I'm not doing that tonight! After I left and drove home, I know LC was going to the graveyard tonight....Joan's husband promised me. Poor little LC.
So what made me so happy when I got home? My husband surprised me by buying a new gnome. Yippee!!!! As you can see, this one is a Christmas gnome. If you read my blog you'll know that I love gnomes. Gnomes kinda grow on you. Once you buy one, then you'll want more. Beside Mr. Christmas gnome, Ted also bought Mr. Little Christmas gnome that can sit down. Now when my garden gnomes are all covered up in snow for the winter season, I can enjoy my seasonal gnomes.
If anyone sees a really cool gnome or lots of gnomes, please take a picture and post it on your blog for me. Let me know how you feel about garden gnomes ok?
Like Kris said, people in AK don't really decorate their lawns. There are some exceptions but they probably moved up from the lower 48. So to me, it's kind of a novelty. I think I like gnomes better then deer families and swans, but not sure I'd have them. But Lord knows I collect other stuff! I have a ton of chicken accesories in my kitchen. Some people think that's cliche but I like them.
ReplyDeletebummer about LC! I wonder if she was sick to begain with?
ReplyDeleteGnomes? I can see that they might grow on ya.
Take the plant to church. It's trying to tell you something.
ReplyDeleteOooo mama, I love those gnomes. They are super cute! My poor praying gnome (Methusela) has taken quite the beating lately. For some reason, he has really bad balance and seems to fall over constantly so his hat and face have gotten a little roughed up. And to top it off, a few days ago I noticed that some bird had a pretty yucky poo-fest all over him. Yuuuuck!
ReplyDelete