Monday, October 27, 2008

I Felt Like a Celebrity

I did something tonight that I've never done before! I taught a spinning class at the health club. Our regular instructor is gone all week, so instead of no classes this week, I volunteered to teach tonight. They wanted me to teach on Wednesday as well, but I wasn't too excited about leading a 6 am class. I've gone to the 6 am class twice now and it's really hard for me, especially when I haven't had a cup of coffee yet. Coffee always comes first...that's my routine, but I discovered a long time ago that you can't drink coffee before a spin class. If you do, you'll get a very sour stomach half way through class...trust me! The women in my class tonight were all beginners. Five minutes into the class I realized that the women were already hurting, so I eased the class alittle and didn't work them extremely hard. As it was, all the women had red faces after about ten minutes. After class some of women wanted to talk with me and ask if I was going to start teaching on a regular schedule. Oh geez, thats all I need....more schedules.

When I drove to work this morning what did I see? I saw a thin layer of snow covering the leaves. Yes in deed, we had snow flurries last night. Someone was making fun of me today for wearing my winter parka to work. You know who you are!!!! Hey, I get cold. What can I say.

2 comments:

  1. Did Krissy make fun of you? She's not very nice, is she. Just be glad she wasn't living with you when you were dating your husband. That was really bad.

    I'm proud of you teaching a class. Wow. No one has ever asked me to teach any kind of fitness class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can teach a nap class? If you taught this class would you ger free membership? and paid?

    ReplyDelete