When you live in the North, you have to make the best of it. No sense in complaining, especially when the cold weather and snow begins in November! Just get outside enjoy and play.
My husband and I live on a lake in Northwest Wisconsin, but we don't actually own acreage with our home. I feel so lucky to have a wonderful friend that does own wooded acreage, with managed trails. Caryn and I frequently snowshoe during the winter months and hike, bird-watch and look for mushrooms during the spring/summer. Both Caryn and I find solitude in the woods, especially in the winter months.
I spotted this birch tree several years ago with it's shelf fungi. I always make a point to break our snowshoe trail next to this particular tree because it just fascinates me.
After another 4 inches of new snow today, the clouds parted and the sun appeared. An absolute perfect day to be out in the woods.
Caryn took this photo of me yesterday while out snowshoeing. I explained to her that every time I pass by this leaning Mullein plant, I stop to smell it....or basically just touch it with my nose. Why? No particular reason, other than I just like to connect with nature, plants and birds. Just call me goofy.
Time stands still when I'm out in the woods. My head and mind stays clear and now I get a chance to say "hello" to my dad when I'm out hiking. Dad loved his woodland walks when I was a young girl. I'm already missing my dad.
May 20, 2018
ReplyDeleteNever too late to send you a hug is it....... ?
I hope not.
I miss you.
Love,
Jackie