John D. Curnow May 1928-2018
As my daddy was letting go, separating from this earthly life, I whispered in his ear.....daddy, it's ok, just fly away. I told him to fly away as the Rose Breasted Grosbeak (his favorite bird) and please be the first spring bird to visit my bird feeder in the spring. I know my daddy heard me. He heard every word I whispered in his ear days before he passed. As I witnessed the opening of his eyes, the slight facial moments and eyebrow movements, I know my dad heard everything I whispered to him for six straight days. I continued to tell him how much I loved him and reminded him that Jesus forgave him for all his sins....all he needed to do was trust in the Lord and join Jesus as he passed into his new eternity. Dad finally let go on January 11th at 12:38 am. Mixed emotions overwhelmed me. Should I cry or rejoice in his passing? My twin sister Lynn, who was with me at the time of dad's passing, felt relieved, joyous and sadness all in one. Death is strange ya know? As of today, I'm still feeling happy that dad passed over to his new eternal life. Now, I need to help my grieving mother......my commitment to my parents lives on.
Note: My dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer 8 yrs ago. His cancer metastasized two years ago and became aggressive. Dad was strong (stubborn) and held on for two years. I will never regret retiring early from my job in order to take care of my parents. I'd also like to thank my sisters, Debbie and Lynnie for sharing in dad's care with visits and lots of loving!
Note: My dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer 8 yrs ago. His cancer metastasized two years ago and became aggressive. Dad was strong (stubborn) and held on for two years. I will never regret retiring early from my job in order to take care of my parents. I'd also like to thank my sisters, Debbie and Lynnie for sharing in dad's care with visits and lots of loving!
Asking for prayers for my mother.

Beautiful Tribute Lisa! Yes... you DID whisper continually in his ear.. WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. Thank you for being so attentive to Dad in his last days. I am SO PROUD to CALL YOU A SISTER! God will Bless You for this! Jesus Loves You and So Do I ! He has been SAVED and THAT IS WHY I REJOICE! He will LOVE HEAVEN and all the new Plants & Flowers he will get to discover! Forever a Biologist in Heaven! True!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynn, I know dad heard my whispers and dad did find peace with the Lord when he passed....you and I saw it on his face. Thank you for your kind words. I feel stronger in my faith after seeing dad pass into his new eternity.
DeleteI'm so sorry for your loss, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI hug you from here.
Love to you,
Jackie
Thank you Jackie. Losing a parent is hard, but it's also the cycle of life. We are born to die...sounds weird, but it's so true.
DeleteTuesday night....
DeleteI came back because my heart tugged in your direction this evening.
I'm thinking of your precious Mama.
I am praying for her. I know it must be difficult for her. My heart breaks.
Love you.....
J.
Thank you Jackie. It's hard for mom, but she's trying to be strong. I try to call her every day just to check in. Time will heal......
DeleteNeat the way you whispered the simple and beautiful promise we have in Jesus.... praying for you all, especially Aunt Shirley!! Not easy times.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteJanuary 10, 2019
ReplyDeleteMy dear friend....
As the date approaches tomorrow that will always be on your mind and in your heart, know that I am thinking of you with love....and with a hug that I hope you can feel from here to there.
I love you, my friend....
Thinking of you and your family.
Always,
Jackie
Thank you Jackie! I'm happy to report mom is doing great at her new assisted living facility near my home, but she still misses dad dearly. We moved mom to her new home about a year ago. I will try and add some new blog posts soon.
Delete