Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ted's Thanksgiving Patties

I meant to post this right after Thanksgiving, but I'm running behind, so please excuse my lateness!  I wanted to share my hubby's idea for leftover Thanksgiving food.  He actually came up with this recipe years ago and we always look forward to making these patties every year.  So, you basically use leftover cornbread stuffing from your Thanksgiving meal with some cooked turkey or chicken mixed in....and leftover sweet potatoes (for this photo, I forgot to use the sweet potatoes).  Our cornbread stuffing always consists of craisins and fried bacon pieces....it's delicious. 

After mixing it all together in the bowl, I use my Tupperware hamburger press (remember Tupperware?) and make individual patties.  At this point you can just freeze the patties and then take them out of the freezer when you want to fry up some patties.   So handy.....

I like to use butter in the fry pan when cooking the patties.  The butter makes the patties nice and crisp and flavorful.  I recommend serving the patties with a large dollop of homemade tangy cranberry sauce.  We use to eat these primarily for breakfast, but now I realize the patties make a wonderful quick dinner when you are in a rush.

Want to make a batch of these patties anytime of the year?  No sweat, just buy a package of cornbread stuffing (Pepperidge Farm) in the bag and follow the directions on the package.  I highly recommend adding fried bacon pieces and yummy craisins.  You can also add nuts and any type of meat, or NO meat.  These patties would be great vegetarian style too.  Whatever your heart desires.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, do they look good. Never too late to post something delicious about food. Happy holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those do look good. I'll have to make a double batch of stuffing at Christmas so I've got some left over to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. March 2, 2017
    Hi Lisa....
    I'm checking in with you and hoping that all is well with you and yours.
    Sending you warmest hugs from here in South Georgia.
    Love you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete