Saturday, November 19, 2016

Enjoying November

I've been traveling to Southwest WI once a month since January 2016 to help my elderly parents.  This most recent photo was taken two weeks ago at Wildcat Mountain State Park, near Ontario, WI.  Since we were having unseasonable warm weather in November, I wanted to take my dad on some outings so he could enjoy taking photos....and I wanted him to feel normal again.  Dad hasn't felt normal for months now. 
Since my dad has terminal cancer, any day I can spend with him is a good day.  I was so happy to catch this photo of a "good" day with my parents.
 
Wow, and dad caught a photo of me with my camera!

So, today with the cold and windy weather, I decided to stay indoors and make a batch of cranberry orange scones....my mom's favorite!  When I return to Southwest Wisconsin for Thanksgiving, I will bring my mom her scones!

I also decided to make a batch of buttermilk biscuits....I love baking with fresh buttermilk.  As the weather cools and winter returns, I hope to do more baking and cooking big batches of hearty soups.  Be sure to check out my Turtles recipes in the top menu.

Thanks for checking my sporadic blog.  Life is always interesting..........

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of your parents. I'm glad to see their smiles.
    I'm sorry to know that your Daddy has terminal cancer, Lisa. My heart is heavy as I read this. We girls love our Daddies, and I cannot even begin to imagine life without mine.
    The photo of you with your camera is a splendid one. Great job, Dad!
    Sending love to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. November has been a wonder. Love the picture of your folks. I'm glad you are able to see them so often. I'm sure they appreciate it. Delicious looking scones and biscuits. I may have to make some scones this morning. Take care Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday
    Happy Thanksgving, my friend.....

    ReplyDelete