Sunday, March 13, 2016

Observations


No rain today, even though it was forecasted to rain.  Took my hike through the woods in afternoon.....55 degrees, wow!  Look at this perfectly round bird hole.

There is always something new to look for in the woods.  The lichens I found today were brown, but mostly I see are white lichens. 

Every couple days I find something new in the woods.  It just proves to me that wildlife is alive and well.  Visitors are coming and going....some survive and some don't.  Found some turkey feathers down by the water.  Of course I had to take them home for my big cat Aiden.  Aiden loves big bird feathers, in fact, he even knows the word "feather."!!!  I guess I have to admit my cats get REAL cat toys!

Spent some time this afternoon picking up trash along our road.  There is lots of trash!  Two other neighbor couples picked up trash as well, so we have a nice collaborative thing going on here.

Ironically, I found someone's social security card and their medical insurance card along the roadside....weird!

2 comments:

  1. Even in this gloomy weather, cloudy and dank, the woods offers such beauty and surprise. Glad you could get out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nature's finds, but I have never found a SS card in nature! ;)

    ReplyDelete