Who gets excited about visiting a new grocery store? Hmmm, me! I had heard about Woodman's grocery stores in Southern Wisconsin and other places around the Midwest, but I had never shopped in one, until today. First, you have to know there is a sign on the door that says, "debit cards and cash only." Thankfully, Bike man pre-warned me about this, so we made sure we were supplied with cash for our shopping trip. Kind of felt weird using cash, since we switched over to credit cards years ago, and we hardly write out checks any longer. I guess it's just a matter of planning ahead.
Holy cow, I stepped into the store and couldn't believe the size. There were isles and isles of food....fresh, packaged and frozen. I think I'd have to compare the size of this store to a Wal-Mart SuperCenter, but minus all the clothes, housewares, toys, hunting and sports items. And when was the last time you saw fresh cactus in your produce section?
Or fresh aloe vera leaves?
Or, or, these funny little fruits.....and a little miniature pineapple?
We could not resist the $2 each fresh pineapples, and believe me, there were LOTS of pineapples. So, after about an hour and a half, Bike man and I decided we couldn't go through all the isles and we were getting really tired. I think we were both suffering from food shopping overload.
I just have to tell you, I still feel like I'm on vacation and my retirement still hasn't sunk in yet. I do find myself frequently asking, what day of the week is it???
Bike man had a meeting in the city this morning, so I came along for the ride. During his meeting, I found myself a Starbucks coffee and then eventually had a little time to shop at a local department store before heading back to meet up with Bike man. I am surprised at how fast a person can fill in their week with running errands, going to outings or meetings, grocery shopping, doctor appointments, outdoor recreation and the list goes on. I'm liking retirement more and more everyday.......





I smile...
ReplyDeleteAnd smile again.
Yep. You are officially retired when you cannot remember what day of the week it is.
And, may I add...you will have so much to do that you will wonder how you EVER got things done while you were working.
Hugs and love to you,
Jackie
Many people have told me that Jackie and I'm really starting to believe it.
DeletePS I could NOT eat those prickly pears (that's what we call them....you call them cacti.)
DeleteWe have them all over our farm, and they are such a nuisance.
Interesting that what some consider a delicacy, others consider a pain.
Makes me smile!