Headed out for a snowshoe walk this afternoon. Halfway through my walk, I noticed the cloudy skies were opening up from the West. I just had to stop, turn around and snap a photo, or two. Those blue skies have been vague during the month of January, so when we do have sunshine and blue skies, you just have to stop and give thanks!
Even the sunshine filtering through the trees was magical this afternoon. The sunshine didn't last long....maybe an hour or hour and a half and then the clouds filtered back in. The temperature held steady at around 29 degrees with a brisk south wind blowing. Just enough breeze to keep my face and neck chilly, so I was very happy I wore my fleece turtle to keep my neck and face warm while snowshoeing.
I just have to mention that the trees were talking during my hike this afternoon. Enough squeaking and moaning to make me stop every once in awhile and just listen. Have you ever been out in the woods on a breezy day and heard the trees talking? It's beautiful and unusual all at the same time. If you've never walked through the woods, then you probably don't know what I'm talking about. In breezy conditions, trees will rub against one another, or tree limbs will sway back and forth creating an unusual moaning or high pitch sound. I just think of it as the trees are talking or communicating with us. We just need to be there at the right time to listen.



The sky here yesterday was stunning, too, and the ice-covered trees backlit by the sun in the early morning unbelievable. Lovely photos.
ReplyDeleteThanks Joanne. With these warmer temps now, the snow is melting quickly. Feeling sad because I won't be able to snowshoe until we get another snow fall.
DeleteOooooh....Look at those clouds.
ReplyDeleteYou have quite the captures there, my friend.
And, yes. I love to hear the trees talk.
Love it....
(P.S. I have never ice fished. I've never even seen a pair of snow shoes....so, you know that one day, I would love to visit your winter wonderland. On my bucket list!)
Warmest hugs,
Jackie
We've sure been having some lovely sunrises and sunsets. Yes, I've missed the blue skies as well. Looks like we might see some today. These warm temps are a wonderful tease for spring coming!
ReplyDelete