Friday, January 22, 2016

First Things First

The very first week of January, I started tackling 10-year projects that I purposely ignored.  When I worked 40+ hours each week, I just didn't have the motivation to get some of my projects done at home.  So, here's one of my projects....altering the curtains in our bedroom.  We purchased these curtains years ago, but they were way too long in length for our bay window.  I'm embarrassed to say I was never able to pull the curtains closed, but then we live in the country so it probably doesn't matter anyway!!!  After a very quite project, I re-hemmed the curtains.  Why did I wait so many years to do this?  Geez    

I laid out the curtain panel on our bed to look over my sewing job before I hung them back up in the window.  Bad idea.  Aiden just couldn't resist and had to get all cozy on the curtain for his early afternoon nap. Crazy cat.  As you can see in the photo Abby is politely sleeping above the curtain panel.....thank you Abby!

My reward for getting the curtains re-hemmed was a late afternoon snowshoe walk in the Enchanted forest with Bike man.


 And the sun came out finally after four days of cloudiness.  Felt so good.........

7 comments:

  1. Aiden and Abby are beautiful.
    Abby seems to want to please Mommie. Aiden seems to want to please Aiden.
    Glad you got your sewing project underway....and treated yourself to some snowshoeing.
    Thank you for posting photos of your fur babies. They are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice curtains! I can sure relate to putting off projects, then once I do them, thinking, Why on earth did this take me so long? Love that you and your hubby are spending so much time biking! We are doing something similar -- my husband retired and he is doing long-distance walking, while I drive the sag wagon. We are having more fun. I just blog about recipes, but he blogs about his walking over at walkerwalk.com. Isn't it great having time (and health!) to do this stuff once the kids are grown? Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, I bet your husband is enjoying his retirement too. Glad to hear he is long-distance walking....I bet he'll be power walking soon!!!

      Delete
  3. Curtains lovely, the photo of the woods stunning. Glad for your reward!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne, hope you are finding time to work on your projects as well. Also hope you are getting out to walk or ski on your land.

      Delete