Purple Finch
Look what showed up in our yard several days ago. Several Purple Finches just showed up....just like that! They actually showed up near the end of our subzero weather earlier in the week. First I saw one, then yesterday and today I saw several. The one thing I noticed is that the finches seem to be just resting in the trees near our bird feeders and not really feeding like the other birds. Weird. I took this photo when the finch was just in his resting mode. The Purple Finch is such a beautiful bird and I really appreciate seeing some color at this time of the year. They really do look like they were dipped in raspberry juice. Do you have birds in your yard? If so, what kinds of birds.

Yes!!
ReplyDeleteLove our birds! At this particular time of the year, we have red cardinals, doves, titmouse, wrens, mockingbirds, and finch. I feed them all (except the mockingbird.) He/she doesn't eat seed, but finds plenty to eat on the ground here at the farm.
Beautiful photo, Lisa.
Love birds too....thanks Jackie.
DeleteLovely. I have purple finch daily as well as gold finch, tit mouse, and a myriad of others. What a wonderful thing to look out ones window and see all the birds.
ReplyDeleteI agree Joanne....they are so fun to watch and we certainly need some color in our lives right now during the long winter months. Take care.
DeleteThis is our first year putting out bird feeders and I am amazed at the variety of birds that visit us. I really have to get a birds of Wisconsin book so I can identify them correctly.
ReplyDelete