Monday, July 7, 2014

My Holiday Weekend

Fourth of July always means the Tainter Lake boat parade.  Becca was visiting on the 4th so we walked to the bridge and watched the boats from above.  Before I forget, Bike man is home from the hospital.....yippee.  Came home on the 3rd.  Doctor's strict orders are to eat a bland and low-fiber diet (very hard for him) and take the strong antibiotic prescribed.  He's easing back into his routine!

Becca brought Jerney for the day.  This poor city dog has not had a lot of green space lately, so Jerney was a happy dog being in the country life.  She even watched the boat parade with us.

Stopped over at a friends house on our walk back from the boat parade.  Jerney met a new friend, Buddy.  They instantly became playmates, so fun to see.  Buddy's a year-old so he has LOTS of energy, but that's what Jerney loves.

It was nice that Becca got to visit with her childhood friend Lindsay.  I've probably mentioned this years ago in my blog, but both girls share the same birthday....Lindsay is one-year older than Becca.  Pretty amazing when you think Lindsay's mom was my first friend that I met when we moved out to Tainter Lake 30 years ago.  How did I time Becca's birth on Lindsay's birthday???  I was supposed to go to Lindsay's first birthday party, but instead I was in the hospital going into labor.  Sometimes things are just meant to be fate.

Age doesn't mean anything.  My friend Marilyn and I still goof around 30 years later.  The only time I can think of when Marilyn and I didn't goof off was when her hubby, Carlie, died suddenly of a massive heart attack.  Oh that was such a sad time for Marilyn and Lindsay and my family too.    

Marilyn has come along way in her life and it was fun the other day to sit around and reminisce about when our children would come over to her house and play.  In our minds, we can still see the little swimming pool the kids enjoyed on those hot, hot summers, or remember our buggy brigade when we took the kids out everyday for long walks.  I had the double stroller (two babies) and Marilyn had little Lindsay to push in the other.  Those certainly were our younger days!  

And look.....Marilyn's neighbor is in the process of selling their cabin on the lake so, they were looking for someone that would take their paddle boat.  Really?  It's free?  Sure.  With a little clean up and fix a broken rudder, it should be ready to take out on the lake.  I'm excited....


2 comments:

  1. Love that you got a chance to reminisce and catch up with people you've shared so much with over the years. Looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so would love to have a paddle boat and for free?! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete