Sunday, December 29, 2013

Food, Family & Friends

Zero degrees with a 15-20 mph wind blowing this morning, so we're talking about a -20 degree windchill factor.  I know that's cold, but I just needed to get outside to exercise my heart and legs.  Instead of a road run, I opted to walk up and down our stairs down to the lake dock.  50 steps down and back up....twelve times.  My legs were wobbly by the time I finished and my eye lashes were icy!  It felt good to exercise and my torso and hands were actually sweaty.

We actually had one more family feast last night.....that's why I made the cheesecake.  Bike man's son Mike, and his wife Lynn, have an annual family dinner after Christmas so we can see the grandchildren.  Lynn is such a trooper and cooks an entire meal, complete with soup, cooked turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy stuffing, garden green bean casserole, baked dinner rolls and salads.  Lynn's dad always brings a Portuguese braised meat dish, which is so unique.  It's so nice to see Bike man's grandkids, however, some the kids couldn't be there this year. And one granddaugher (Rissa) from Minneapolis, was really sick with a viral infection.....I felt so bad for her as she could hardly speak.  

Bike man had to show off his new cozy to the family last night, which was actually a special deal from Woot.com!

Spent the rest of the night out in the Man Cave (garage) with the men!  Friends Todd and Rob came over to help us celebrate the night.  Spending time with family is so fun at this time of the year whether you're in the kitchen, garage, family room or down on the lake ice......it's all good.  Now it's back to work to finish out my 2013 budget year.  I'm actually looking forward to 2014.  For some reason the odd numbered years are never good for me.

4 comments:

  1. A cold week for you, but I know that you will make the best of it with family, food, and happiness!
    I pray that Rissa feels better soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jackie, and thank you for the Christmas card....so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Lisa.
      Happy New Year to you and your dear family.
      J.

      Delete
  3. It is going to be difficult to 'put away' all of this Christmas activity...such a fun family time. I hope you have a healthy, and happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete