I'm pooped tonight. I worked on these tin cans all afternoon until my hands hurt. My project involved taking a clean tin can and using a nail to punch holes to create a pattern.
So here are the templates I used on my tin cans. I had different size cans, so I had to pick the appropriate can to fit the pattern.
Bike man helped me set up my work space....standing was much more comfortable for me.
I used different size nails, but it certainly wasn't easy. I worked steady and slow, but my hands were getting sore from holding the nail in place and then pounding with the hammer. Because these cans will be displayed on tables for a wedding reception, I used the pattern on each side of the can so you'd see the lights from any side of the table.
The bigger cans were easier to work with and the smaller cans were a bitch! I also had some problems with the tin denting in from the pressure of the nail punching. I tried to be careful, but it happened regardless. I know they won't be perfect.
PS. And what was Bike man doing this afternoon? He was building a bat house. Sorry, can't show you a picture because I was busy punching. I'll take a photo later when the bat house is ready to be put into place.
Ooooooooooooh....so much to say about this post!!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all...lovely cans. Great idea, and I'm so pleased with the effects. Gotta try this one...just for fun!!
And...my Daddy has been working on making his bat house for 2 weeks.
I should have been taking photos of it. He is soooo into making it from "scratch"...and is enjoying it.
Can't wait to see your hubby's finished project (please?)...so I can show it to Daddy.
I will reciprocate. How's that?
Lovely adornments for the reception.
Always nice to be here.
Love,
J.
Those type of projects are hard, but rewarding. Nice Job!
ReplyDeleteVery cool Lisa! What a great idea.
ReplyDeleteOh my stars my hands ache at the sight! But oh so worth it- they're beautiful and so unique! I think everyone will ohh and ahh over them. Will pray for your hands to not hurt too badly for your to have perseverance to finish them!
ReplyDelete