Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Day in the City

Stopped at the Farmer's Market this morning to pick up flowers, then we headed to Minneapolis for Artena's bridal shower.  The special event was held at a friends house, so Bike man dropped me off and then he headed off to St. Paul and hooked up with our son.

So I don't usually like bridal or baby showers, but this event was totally different.....we didn't play any games, nice!  We ate a delicious brunch organized by our daughter, and her other roommate Elaine.  The egg bake was yummy, as the homemade pop tarts, muffins, fruit salad and bread (from my local Co-op). 

What made this bridal shower different, was that all the guest were asked to help the bride-to-be make her invitations and special prayer cards.

I helped with the invitations, along with about eight other women.  It was really fun and I had a great time chit chatting as we assembled the wedding invitations.

After the clean up, the girls took me over to the bride & groom's new duplex, which they just purchased one week ago.  Ironically, our daughter will be moving to a different house, but it's only seven houses down the street from Artena and Dana's new duplex.  After four years, we'll have to learn a new route to visit Becca.  It won't be too difficult and luckily it's still not far from the Baker's Wife bakery.  Of course I had to stop by the bakery this afternoon and pick up a big fat tea cake.  The city is great, but I'm always glad to arrive back home where there's no traffic and is very quiet.

My favorite.....Tea Cake

2 comments:

  1. Oh, a shower without games, now that is my kind of shower. What a wonderful idea to help make the invites!! Sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of helping with the invitations, that's pretty neat. I could sure use a big slice of that tea cake, it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete