Thursday, August 15, 2013

Home Sweet Home

It's hard to believe we turned around and left for home sweet home on Sunday August 11th.  We just got home today around noon.  Five days to get to Richland Center, 2-days rest, and five days to get home....perfect!  Total miles?  Somewhere around 450 miles. 
 
Before the end of our ride, we stopped by the historic Downsville café this morning for breakfast and a decent cup of coffee.  After five consecutives days of riding,  I really needed a good cup of coffee.  It's amazing how hard it is to find decent coffee when on a bicycle trip.  Now that I think about it, I'm sure my body was on a caffeine withdrawal.  My first beverage of choice when I got home today?  Another cup of coffee with a shot of espresso and cream!  It's good to be home my friends....soooo good.

Look for more details and photos in tomorrow's post.     

5 comments: