Monday, July 15, 2013

Good Thoughts & Prayers

 
Got the doctor's blessing today.  Everything is good to go and test results came back cancer-free.  High-five to me!!!  Such a good feeling my friends.  Now it's time to plan our bicycle vacation.   Low bike miles so far this summer and just not enough time in the saddle, so we'll go to plan B.  In August, Bike man and I will take off and head towards the mighty Mississippi River and then head south.....but not to Dubuque, IA like originally planned.  I'm guessing we'll head to Southern WI and take our time visiting new places along the way.  I'll explain later when we have a better idea of our route.  Anticipating the first few days will be all about working those butt muscles and adjusting to the road miles.  Just give me a few beers at the end of a warm daily ride and I'll be all relaxed and happy!  
 
To celebrate my good health news tonight, I got out the sauté pan and cooked my favorite combination for supper....zucchini, mushrooms, yellow peppers, garlic, onions and kale.  Sliced up one cooked rutabaga brat from last night and that added to the finally touch.  Took a big spoonful and put it in a whole wheat pita pocket.  Added a touch of grated cheddar and my meal was complete.  Cheers to good health!  Thank you to all my blogger friends who were concerned about my phyiscal health.  The prayers and good thoughts kept me positive and calm.  I had the lowest pulse rate ever and blood pressure reading for late in the day.  Bike man will be proud of me......

4 comments:

  1. Such good news, I am so happy for you!! It kind of renews one's life. Let me know if you head this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful and glad to read this Lisa! Big high five on your health news and now go and celebrate with your bike trip and bike man!! Hugs to you- so happy to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know, and, of course, really happy for you and Ted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very glad to hear your good news Lisa! Congrats!

    A bike trip sounds like fun and your pita DELIC!!

    ReplyDelete