Saturday, December 1, 2012

Eco-Friendly

It's been a long time....a long time since tackling a sewing project.  In my younger years I sewed quite often and enjoyed making skirts, pillows and quilts.  That all came to a screeching holt when I began working full-time and also raising a family .  So what got me going again?  Christmas gift bags.

I bought some homemade Christmas gift bags last year at our local co-op and shared those fabric bags with my family.  Well, my son's girl friend, Trisha, decided she wanted to make some fabric bags too, so she sewed a bunch of gift bags and then shared her Christmas fabric with me....she's so sweet!  Thank you Trisha.  I finally got around to making some bags tonight, but now I'm exhausted!  Sewed for 2 1/2 hours tonight.

I'm not sure how many more Christmas bags I'll make......should have started this project back in the summer!  I still have fabric left, so I might try to make a few smaller bags.  So why am I sewing Christmas bags you ask?  Eco friendly!!!  It's such a waste to buy paper and then just throw it away in the garbage.  This concept has always bothered me.  Reusable fabric gift bags just seem to make sense to me.

2 comments: