Saturday, June 2, 2012
She's Doing Great!
She's doing great! Six months ago my mom had open-heart surgery and I'm so happy with her recovery. Physical exertion is still difficult for her, but every day she is getting stronger. Two more weeks and my Mom Moo will turn 82. See the fountain to the right? It stopped working several years ago, but today Bike man fixed the problelm today. I insisted on keeping the fountain turned on this afternoon so we could enjoy sitting in the screen porch.
One of our missions today was to visit the local nursery and buy tomato plants. We actually bought more plants than we needed, but I was able to plant all the tomatoes in pots. The pots fit perfectly on my folks patio. Because the weather was beautiful today, we spent all day outdoors. It's so good to be home and enjoying time with my parents....family is so important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great to be outdoors on a day like today. You are lucky to have more time with your mom.
ReplyDeleteHow blessed that she is recovering nicely. My mom passed away several years ago, and I miss her dearly, despite having lived many miles from her most of my adult life.
ReplyDeleteI do feel very blessed. After spending those ten days with mom in the hospital while she was recovering, made me realize life is to short and family should come first.
ReplyDeleteGreat BIG hugs to your Mama from me, Lisa..please.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that she is doing well. Thank you for this update on her.
Love,
Jackie
Wonderful that your Mother is doing so well and she looks great!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, Mom Moo looks great! 82? Wow, seriously she does not look her age at all. I love seeing all the tomatoes planted and the fountain working again- what a loving gesture on your behalf to see to it that mom is so well taken care of!
ReplyDelete