Day ten......really bizzare! Will Shirley go home, or won't she? One doctor said no, one doctor said yes, one nurse said no, the social worker said maybe! For an hour and a half this morning, we didn't know what the heck was going on. When we finally were told my mom could be released from St. Mary's hospital, we honestly had less than one hour to get her ready for dismissal. I went into daughter mood and helped mom to the bathroom, then dad and I helped mom get real clothes on and then gathered up all her belongings in the hospital room.With Bike man as our driver, it took us less than two hours to get to the local nursing home in Southwest WI. Mom will be staying at the nursing facility until she is strong enough to come home.
Bike man and I headed for home later this afternoon. After ten days helping my mom in the hospital, I'm having emotions of guilt leaving her at the nursing home. Of course I worry that they won't check on her enough, they won't give her hugs, they won't ask her how she's feeling and they won't encourage her to eat. Really missing my mama tonight.
Understanding....and sending a hug your way.
ReplyDeletePraying for peace for you and continued healing for your Mom.
Love you, my friend.....
She'll be in good hands down there. :) It won't be long until Son and I make the trip down there for Christmas and can spend some time with Grandma Shirley.
ReplyDeleteMuch love, Trish
It's an interesting change in our lives when we become the parents to our parents.
ReplyDeleteYou've given a remarkably wonderful service to both your mom and dad these last 10 days.
She must be feeling better to have bike man drive her there, instead of an ambulance ride..
ReplyDeleteHow is she doing there? You cannot be up 24/7 and they can at the nursing home - take a deep breath....Love you!
ReplyDeleteI hope her recovery there is quick. Sending a hug to you dear Mrs. C!
ReplyDelete