Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Buttery Love

First things first......the dessert. Is that amazing or what? Simple & beautiful presentation. A little apple, caramel, butter pastry, whipped cream with a touch of strawberry for color. Who cares what I had for my lunch......it's all about the dessert!

Every year I attend the youth services luncheon just so I can listen to the well-known children's author. Of course it's my job to sit there and suffer through the luncheon.....it's a tough job my friends.

Our luncheon today was in the famous Crystal Ballroom at the historic Milwaukee Hilton (downtown). After sitting down at the table, I looked up to see this ornate embossed medal work.....so beautiful.

Full day of excellent sessions and networking with other librarians. Used my iPad today and I'm totally loving the convenience of this lightweight tablet for note taking and wireless Internet. No more lugging around a laptop!

4 comments:

  1. I think I'd vote for the desert even if it isn't chocolate....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are all the kitties settling in? Getting along with each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh la la....fancy place.
    I wouldn't know which fork to pick up!
    Looks wonderful, Lisa...
    I'm so glad that you had fun.
    I'm happy for you that you have your iPad (I have to look to see which letters to capitalize on that word....!!!)
    Hugs and love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete