Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What Do You Think?

I've been trying to learn this new eBook craze. Last week I helped a gentleman download and transfer a library eBook to his Nook device, and today I finally figured out how to do the same for the Kindle. Two weeks ago Amazon joined forces with our eBook vendor OverDrive and now Kindle owners can download library eBooks for free.....how cool is that? The last few nights I've retired to bed early so I can read my new eBook, "The Happiness Project" on Bike man's Kindle. Never thought I'd like eBooks, but guess what? I like the convenience of buying or selecting an eBook whenever you want. So does this mean I'll see less and less of my library customers? The future of libraries and book stores are changing. What are your feelings about eBooks or E-content?

4 comments:

  1. I bought Hubby a Kindle for his birthday. At first, he didn't think that he would like it.
    Now....that's all he reads...books on his Kindle. I love the fact that more people might be reading now because of technology. I love books....and I love reading with Kindle, Nook, etc. Reading. That's the key. Love it, my friend.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the actual book. I also rather have the CD than the download. I'd rather buy the item, and own it, than the right to listen to it, or read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those leaves in your new top of the page photo! BTW - the jury is in and Tamoxifen is out for me....thanks for the info on Aunt Shirl - you were the first one to tell me about Tamoxifen with a real life story and there have been many others.... I will PASS.

    ReplyDelete