Saturday, October 22, 2011

Love the Warm Temperatures

With a temperature high of 55 degrees this afternoon, the kitties were happy when I left the sliding glass door open. Birds, chipmunks.......life is good for all the felines in this house!

More yard work today, however, I couldn't resist building another fire with the totally perfect pine cones that dropped to the ground for a second time. This is the year of the PINE CONES and they are covered in lots of pine pitch.! For the third time since September, we've raked pine cones, pine needles and now oak leaves. This was it, no more raking......I'm raked out. Bring on the white stuff.

You couldn't ask for a better fire starter. Pine cones covered in pine pitch are perfect. Want a campfire? Just call me......1-800-campfirequeen!

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't be happier for your sweet kitties....an open door with the breeze blowing through their fur....and for you.....the smell and feel of that crackling fire. Ahhhh...life is good, my friend.
    Love you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe ice won't form on the lake this winter...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is such a wonderful time of the year - enjoy it while you can because those cold days are coming. They have their own beauty though too.

    ReplyDelete