Felt really bad today at work when I just happen to be in the Colfax Police Department when the call came in from Hennepin County Minnesota to our Police Chief that he needed to notify a local family of a death. This family member (father) was involved in an auto accident earlier in the morning. My stomach turned at that moment since I had been watching WCCO news earlier in the morning and heard about a terrible accident that involved a semi truck driver that hit a light pole as he was entering the Lowry tunnel on I-94. When the Chief came back from the family resident an hour later, I had a chance to talk to him and confirmed this local Colfax man (husband & father) was killed in this terrible accident. My heart just sank.....remember, I work in a small community where everyone knows everyone. Found out later today who the family was that lost their dad. So sad.
Talked to our daughter tonight and she came upon the accident 5-10 minutes after it happened. Luckily, she was able to find an alternate route to work and avoid the massive traffic jam this morning. You know, life can be taken away so quickly. Please appreciate each day that God gives you and live your life to the fullest.....thinking of his family tonight.
Thinking of this family, Lisa...
ReplyDeleteHeartbreaking news.
Hugs,
Jackie
Life is fragile.
ReplyDeleteThinking of his family and your small community and all those affected by this tragedy! Very sad news...
ReplyDeleteLife is very fargile and we often take it for granted.
ReplyDeletea simple reminder of just how fragile our lives really are......xo
ReplyDelete