Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bluegrass

Headed over to Durand this afternoon to check out the bluegrass festival. Felt weird going there by car and not bicycle. With a good chance of thunderstorms and hot sun, we decided against the 40 mile bike trek today. Good choice since the thunderstorms and heavy rain arrived after we got back home.


Of course we had to sample the local food....lots to choose from and I was pretty impressed for a small town. Bike man and I shared a BLT on garlic bread and a piece of delicious blackberry pie with ice cream! I was also impressed that this small town allowed people to drink beer/alcohol in the village park......everyone brought their own drinks since they weren't actually selling alcohol in the park. In the city near where we live, this would never be allowed and the public has to be in a designated area where the beer is sold only. Everyone looked to be drinking responsible and no out-of-control people.



Big Jim (6 ft 6 in.) had his big daddy chair!!! I've never seen such a large camping chair before. Each arm had three cup holders....that's 6 spots for your beverage of choice! I asked Jim if I could take his picture because his chair was so cool. What great way to relax and enjoy the music.





The car show was also going on near the park. I'm not really into cars, but it was interesting to see the different models.


Spent the rest of the afternoon at home since the Son and his girl decided to visit this weekend. The Son and I went over to a friends house late today and picked corn from their corn patch. You cannot get corn any fresher than that......very delicious.


Cooler weather heading our way tomorrow so looking forward to a more pleasant bicycle ride.







4 comments:

  1. Hope the music was good.
    Love the color of the car in the photo, Lisa. Looks like you and Bike Man had a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pie looked wonderful! That is the biggest chair I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Could I sneak a hug for Annie in here....puhleeeze! :)))
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete