Friday, May 6, 2011

All About Family

Wetland Along the Red Cedar River


Some weeks just seem longer than others, and I'd have to say this was a long week....work wise. Just when I feel drained, I receive a little happy pick-me-up from my dad today. My dad spent the last 30 days putting together a dvd of our family get together back in April. I put the dvd into my laptop tonight and watched an hour of film footage of my sisters, brother-in-laws and the folks as we spent two days together celebrating my dad's cancer-free check up and my sister's 32nd wedding anniversary. Wow, the laughter and emotions came flooding back to me.



Family is so important, no matter how crazy it is. Laughter, tears, silliness.....it's all worth it in the end. If you can't unwind, let go, let loose, be crazy......then I feel sorry for you. Getting together with my siblings and parents meant being myself and enjoying the moment. It also showed me how valuable it is to spend time with family.


My message: Spend time with your family!




3 comments:

  1. Ahhh yes, I have to agree! Live those moments every day that right there in front of you for the taking :) So glad that is exactly what you do. congrats to both your sis and your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree! How wonderful that your Dad made the DVD for everyone to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete