Saturday, March 19, 2011

These Days Are Limited

Late ice means catching nice perch. Why is it that we have to wait until the last days of ice to catch the most fish? It's that way ever year. See those perch.....I cooked up a nice fried fish dinner tonight. Fried perch is my all time favorite, followed by Walleye.

It was one week ago today that we adopted the new fury creatures. Just so you know, large cats running and playing sounds like a herd of elephants. Seriously, it sounds so loud when the Maine Coons run. Even when they walk through the kitchen it sounds like a human walking. I'm not use to this yet, especially since Annabelle walks like a featherweight and I never know when she's walking up from behind me.


The cats are becoming more comfortable everyday. It's fun to see them all playing and running together since seven days ago, all I heard was hissing and growling!
Spring certainly is on it's way. Heard and saw lots of robins this afternoon on my long walk along the country roads. Then while visiting Bike man on the lake ice, tons of Canadian geese flew overhead....the sky was alive with geese. Rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast. Yup, spring is finally here.


3 comments:

  1. Glad the cats are getting use to their new home.
    I imagine they liked the smell of those fish frying as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Spring is here! I have not seen a robin yet, so I will keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful babies - so glad you got them and gave them a wonderful home! Annie will thank you some day too (how old is she?) They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete