Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ice Rides Are So Fun

During the first five minutes I had to try and build my confidence to just crank in my middle ring and not worry about several inches of loose snow. I soon discovered that the farther out I biked on the lake, the less snow I had to deal with.

Can you now see what I'm talking about? The lake was awesome. The ice glaze was both smooth and bumpy....made for an interesting ride. I've waited so long for this, and was really glad the studs were still on my mountain bike. Unfortunately, this playful moment was short-lived, as tonight, tomorrow and Monday we are in for another big snow storm. I'm sure I won't be riding lake ice again until sometime in March.

The fastest way to get to your tip-up is by bicycle of course! I arrived to the first flag of the day before Bike man....yeah, the wheels do come in handy!


Nice job Bike man. This fish was bigger than the one he caught last weekend....11 pounds 9 ounces. Fishing, cycling, it's all fun in my world. Was great to get outside this afternoon for fresh air and sunshine. Looks like tomorrow I'll be back to snowshoeing!



3 comments:

  1. Did you eat that fish? It's 7.33am on Sunday, still waiting for this "big" winter storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking fish. My boys were out Friday after school with some friends and bought home some perch.

    I hope you don't plan on snowshoeing in the snow storm.

    ReplyDelete