I didn't think it would be hard to turn my back to social media, but after six and a half days, I most certainly felt the separation from everyone....almost like a loss of friendship. Was it hard? Oh yes, very much so. I still can't quite figure out if it was a loss of the cyber connection with my blogger friends, or just dealing with the quietness once you take technology out of your life.
I found myself wanting to share my day with everyone, but then remembered I made a decision to step away for a while. I highly recommend everyone step away from social media and other forms of technology for a small time. If anything, just do it for a mental break.
To sum it up, it was a good week for me, despite the cold subzero temperatures. Before the cold snap hit, I was able to snowshoe after work, plus get in a little elliptical workout at the fitness center, but I thoroughly enjoyed the other nights during the week where I could just be quiet. Of course Bike man had to tease me about not blogging or not checking into Facebook.....he knew it was hard for me. He's my watchdog, in a healthy way.
I can't wait to catch up on every one's blogs, however, I'm limiting on how much time I spend each night or weekend on the computer. Sometimes change is good.....is needed.....and is healthy.

Welcome back, interesting thoughts on your post.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you. I would have cheated.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought: As humans we need to communicate, with ourselves, God, animals, plants, weather and especially each other. Expand it all. You and I would never have met had it not been for this technology. That would have been a loss for me.
I know it must have been hard, but many times I long for the peace and quiet that used to be, before computers, faxes, phones, and everything else buzzing and ringing and trying to get my attention.
ReplyDeleteYou must have been hooked! Harry Legs said it well, "we have a need to communicate" but I do think that some ways are better for us then others.
ReplyDelete