It certainly was a gloomy day indeed. Woke up to a thin layer of ice covering everything, the sidewalk, our cars, grass and especially the county roads. The ice hung around until noon when the temperature finally warmed to 32 degrees.
Apparently, we've had some cold mornings while we were gone. Tainter Lake waters are cooling down, which only means one thing......lake ice. A thin layer of ice formed near the shoreline, but eventually broke up later today. Won't be long and our lake will totally freeze over. 
The freezing rain finally turned to heavy grainy droplets later today. I guess winter is finally here and I better get use to it.
I'm thinking of my dad tonight. Hi daddy. I hope you were able to rest some today, but I know family members were calling to tell you they are thinking of you. Don't worry dad, our goal is to get you home again where you can sleep in your own bed. Good luck tomorrow dad, I'll be praying for you.
Yeah, it's definitely here. Time to embrace the cold.
ReplyDeleteIt made me chilly just reading your post! I hope dad can come home soon, Gods blessings. Love Di ♥
ReplyDeleteThe guys had a difficult time with loading and unloading at church this morning. I wasn't feeling good, so stayed home and I was glad.
ReplyDeleteHope your Dad is able to be at home as soon as possible.
It looks like winter is upon you, Lisa... The photo of the ice on the edge of the lake is fascinating to me. We don't see that here at all. We have duckweed in our pond, though...and as I enlarged the photo of the lake ice, I'm wondering if that is duckweed, too... We are working very hard trying to get ours under control.
ReplyDeleteThe ice on the pine needles is very pretty.
I pray that your Dad will be home in his bed soon. Much love and continued prayers for him....
Jackie
Thinking of you guys, hope papa comes home soon. Tough times for sure.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your Dad. I went to school with your older sister, Deb, and I had your Dad as a teacher, and he would mention you and your sister on occasion in his Biology class. I lost my parents and a brother to cancer(colon and leukemia) and I know how hard it can be--I hope your Dad's surgery goes well--you and your Mom and Sisters are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteKathleen Corey-Pittman
Best wishes to your dad. And to all of you. My prayers are for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteYes, winter is here and made a big announcement upon its arrival... ugh... serious shovel trouble! Thinking of you and will pray for your Dad to return home soon :)
ReplyDeleteThank you to everyone who was praying for my dad.
ReplyDeleteNice to see your comment Kathleen. I'm sure my dad remembers you. Thanks for reading my blog.