Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Night Spin


A quick evergreen photo I took yesterday afternoon….I love simple!


Had a great spin class tonight. I stepped it up a notch, meaning, I added a few extra songs to make the spin class longer. Did my class feel it? Yup. One gal fizzled out at the end of my class, but I told her that’s ok, she’s still a newbie. The other people have been spinning with me for several months on a regular basis, so it was time to bump it up since they are NOT newbies.


Tonight I was talking to one of my male class participants about my Monday Night RC trail rides during the summer months. It dawned on me that I really, really miss my rides along the Red Cedar River. Sometimes it’s good to establish a routine and then stick to it. By last September, I was up to riding 24 miles along the river, but what I miss the most is riding with my friend, Kim. Because of our rides together, she discovered a new love….cycling. I think I might invite her to become a “tainterturtle.”!!!!!!


So bike man and I have still have to figure out our 2010 summer bicycle trip. Here are our options: Maah Daah Hey trail in South Dakota (mountain biking), or ride the Mississippi River from Onalaska, WI, south into Iowa (road riding). Whatever we choose, I can’t wait to be on our bikes again feeling free and easy!

6 comments:

  1. It's fun to plan trips! I like getting the maps out and checking out all the things that you will see on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biking along the Mississippi river sounds nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW that is some serious biking plans. The river route is breathtaking. How many day/night trip are you thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr D....how many days? Anywhere from 7-10 days, depending on how far south we want to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa & Ted,
    Leon and I, like you two are already dreaming of getting the bikes outside and doing some riding. We have been going to spinning classes a couple of nights a week, but it is just not the same.

    Glad to see that you are still thinking of coming to SD. The one thing we noticed is that you mention riding the Maah Daah Hey Trail in SD, and it is actually in ND. It is an approx 100 mile single track trail. They have a good website (w/pictures) you should check out. We have emailed them to find out if people ride it pulling trailers, but we have not gotten any response yet. We know of some people who have ridden it, so we may contact them to get some feedback. It appears after viewing the website that most people would have an outfitter that shuttles water & supplies to the campsites. There are also other comments from people when you google the Maah Daah Hey.

    The George S. Mickelson Trail(they also have a good website) is in SD, and it is a 108 mile rail trail w/gravel surface. This trail may not take as many days as you would like (2-3 tops/Adventure Cycling does a tour called Black Hills and they spend 2 days on the trail), but there are many more trails in our area, both single track and forest service roads, depending on the type of riding you would enjoy.

    Let us know if and when you decide where your destination will be. We are planning to stay close to home this year, so will be riding somewhere in the Black Hills or possibly the Maah Daah Hey, and would welcome your company.

    Sheila & Leon

    ReplyDelete