As I was checking in books today at the library, I came across this cool book called "Just Like Grandpa" by Harriet Ziefert & illustrated by Erik Brown.It starts out by telling how the the little boy puts on sweatpants and sneakers.....just like grandpa!
He puts on his jacket and bike gloves.......just like grandpa!
The little boy has a water bottle and a day pack......just like his grandpa!
He puts on a safety vest and a helmet.....just like his grandpa!
The little boy has a bike and a bell.....just like his grandpa!
The little boy is all ready for his bike trip.....just like his grandpa!
I love books like this that promote physical activity, you know, outdoor physical activity. Of course they have to use the grandpa stereotype in the book, but what about grandma? Oh yeah, she in the kitchen baking cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for helping me with my Christmas shopping.
ReplyDelete