I'm getting really excited about something, (Aunt Krissy too). I thought I better leak this exciting news out tonight because tomorrow I will be attending Lucia's funeral and I won't feel all happy and excited. You see, I really don't like to go to funerals, but sometimes you just have to do things you really don't enjoy. I'm just hoping tomorrow we can show Lucia's husband and son some support and talk to many old friends from the past.
So tonight I want to tell my blogger friends that Aunt Krissy and I have decided to drive over the the Twin Cities on Saturday so we can meet Ree Drummond (a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman). Ree will be doing a book signing at the Mall of America since her new cookbook was just published, and now is on the New York Times bestseller list.
The Pioneer Woman's blog has become very popular and is read by hundreds, maybe thousands of people. I've only been reading her blog since the beginning of 2009, but Aunt Krissy has been following the Pioneer Woman for a long time. I love the Pioneer Woman's humor, stories about her family, everyday life living on a cattle ranch, and all her wonderful cowboy recipes.
So, Saturday will be an all day trip to the big city of many lakes, city parks, trails and LOTS of traffic....yes, lots of traffic. Aunt Krissy is just plain excited about Sushi! We plan on lunching at the Sushi bar @ at mall.
There, now I got it out of my system and I feel better.

Ooh! How exciting. I've made a few of her recipes. The steak sandwiches are really good - http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/) - I made them a few times for Nate. I added lots of Tabasco sauce because I like them spicy! The olive cheese bread is delicious, too. I froze a loaf and brought it over for Lynn and she loooooved it. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sherissa, I love to hear from you! The extra Tabasco sauce is just up my alley. Thanks for visiting tonight. Gramps says HI.
ReplyDeleteI feel the excitement in this post!...and I know that you love Ree Drummond (from your earlier blogs).....and I'm so happy that you are both going...and hope that you have a great time.
ReplyDeleteMy condolences concerning Lucia. I know that you will be great comfort to her husband and family and friends.
Thinking of you,
Jackie
Thanks Jackie!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh how fun! We are only 3 1/2 hours from The Twin Cities and travel there often. We have never tried the sushi there but it looks so good and we do love eating sushi, even our kids. You'll have to tell me if its good. I'm so jealous you are going to meet Ree. Here she is so close and yet I just can't swing it to go!! Have fun and safe travels!
ReplyDeletePretty exciting about going to see PW! She's taken off like crazy lately. I stumbled on her blog (literally, with a stumble upon button) in late 2006 and ended up reading all her old posts. She's generous with her knowledge, and I love her honesty and sense of humor. Her recipes, although a bit fattening for my tastes, are awesome.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you too!! I'd love to go with you guys.. Alas, wk calls..
ReplyDeleteHope you guys eats good sushi and have a safe trip.