Saturday, October 3, 2009

It Was a Pre-Winter Feel Today

A breezy and cool ride this afternoon, but my toe warmers kept my feet really nice and warm. The skies looked dark and cold, but we only got sprinkled on a couple times during our ride....49 degrees when we started out this afternoon. It felt good to ride Ruby since most of my riding has been on the mountain bike. Bike Man and I did a 20 miler. The strong north wind persuaded me not to go longer.....am I wimpy? YES


Oops, guess I can't use this loaf of bread for french toast! This is what happens when your life gets busy and you forget you had bread in the house.
So tonight, Bike Man and I are making another large pot of applesauce. This time the sauce will be used to make apple leather. We make the fruit leather in our dehydrator, which works really slick. We still have one large grocery bag full of apples from our apple tree, so tomorrow I hope to make a pie or two if time allows.


4 comments:

  1. It didn't rain much on you ride? Because it really rained off and on all day at our house.

    Moldy bread is one thing I don't usually have at my house, with making three kids lunches five days a week we go through about two big loaves a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you rode...a cool ride sounds refreshing.
    Think of all the penicillin one could make with that bread!
    Smiles to you from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be the worst looking loaf of bread I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete